Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Our Vows, Rings, and Contract

Our Vows, Rings, and Contract


(All photos by Sabine Scherer)

After our fabulous officient transitioned us with something she wrote, we took turns repeating and "i do-ing":

Will you make a home together, grow old together, and during your lifetime make a difference in our world, living consciously and deliberately, surrounded by those you love?

Do you promise to work toward maintaining a peaceful home where you can go to rest, play, rejuvenate, and let go?

Do you promise to continue to contribute to maintaining a home, family, and a relationship as equally as you are able?

I vow to remain earnest in my desire to be socially conscious; to allow my heart to be pressed by the ills of the world, and to respond accordingly.

I promise to love our children unconditionally.

I promise to do my best to make each day better for you, even when I have little left to give.

I promise to learn from you, to communicate openly, and to honor our differences.

I promise to help you if you want to change, but never to try to change you.

I promise to make the effort to continue to bring joy, excitement, and playfulness to our relationship.

I promise to say nice things to you.

Do you choose each other as partners in a relationship built on respect, caring, and growth; through good times and hard times; as friends, companions, and partners; giving your best to fulfill your lives together?

I joyfully enter into this covenant and solemnly accept its obligations.

My promises to you, in the presence of loving family and friends, is valid and binding.

From this day forward, we are family.

We exchanged rings:

Let this ring serve as a reminder of the promises we just made.


We kissed!


We kissed some more (I had no idea I was getting so passionate)


We signed the Ketubah

And we ran down to the pier for our alone time in a canoe!

No comments:

Post a Comment