Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cocktail Hour

Cocktail Hour

All photos by Sabine Scherer

Another fabulous thing we did was have a cocktail hour. No "signature cocktails" for us, but we had a serve yourself wine, beer, lemonade, and iced tea bar with a ton of beautiful little snacks for our guests (our caterers really surprised us with the quality of these).

The photographer snapped a couple quick family pictures (when I say quick, I mean quick), my brother turned on "cocktail mix" on the ipod, and we snacked and chatted.


(Bubbs' Family)


(Gigi's Family)

We had a little hiccup with the music, my brother accidentally put on "wedding mix" which was for hardcore booty shaking that was to take place after dinner, but I sent a messenger to tell him, and he fixed it immediately.

Quite a few people started dancing, and while we weren't planning any sort of first dance or father daughter dance, they happened spontaneously and it was wonderful (though I have no memory of what the songs were and I'm sure they weren't meaningful in that way that a lot of people plan). It was also great b/c we didn't announce them, so we could dance without the whole wedding watching - though a lot of people started watching anyway.


(Bubbs dancing with my mom and guests mingling)


(A toddler centered group dance)


(Us dancing and ignoring the rest of the world)


(my dad getting his father-daughter dance)

At this point I had "assigned" a couple friends to take the white wine out of the fridge and put it on the tables, light the candles, and make sure that the caterer was ready. They gave us the okay and we had folks start up the hill to dinner.

For those Leonard Lake brides reading this and thinking about dinner up that hill, we did have another friend drive a car up the hill with my elderly grandmother and an aunt with a slight disability so they didn't have to hike, but everyone else was happy to trudge up the hill (including me and my hubbs).

No comments:

Post a Comment