Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Walking down the Aisle and Introductions

Walking down the Aisle & Introduction

The walk

(all amazing perfect photos by Sabine Scherer Photography)

I hadn't originally thought that we would have anyone walk down the aisle (my bridesmaids had small children and didn't have matching dresses), but in the end, we decided that Bubbs' more traditional family would want to, so we had immediate family lead us down the aisle.


Our guests heading to the ceremony site


My grandmother and grandfather (who has since passed)


My mother and brother


My sister and the very tired flower girl


My step-mother and step-sisters


Bubbs' mother and brother


Bubbs' father


Standing watching everyone walk down - it became so real at this moment and I broke down with a few tears.

My dad was really cute and just said to me "you look pretty."

I think I replied, "you look pretty, too."

I didn't pull it together as I walked down the aisle. I continued crying and as I hit the back aisle, I started crying harder. I blurted out "I'm already crying" and our entire family laughed.

Introduction:

One of my favorite cousins was officiating our ceremony (she's become quite the professional with 5 weddings under her belt) and she began with something she wrote:

Good afternoon everybody. Gigi and Bubbs are so happy you could all make it for this weekend of celebration. Today is a very special day for them, and it is fundamental to them that we are all present for it. We are all here because Bubbs and Gigi understand the importance of gathering their families and friends for this occasion.

They are both incredibly open and loving people who understand the value of maintaining close relationships with their friends and families. Since meeting one another, Bubbs and Gigi have welcomed each others friends and families as if they were his and her own. We, as their loved ones, benefit from the opportunity to not only be a part of their lives but to be a part of lives that surround theirs.

Today, Gigi and Bubbs embark on a new leg of their journey together. We all know that they have already begun building a future together. And, the reality is, that in standing here today in front of all of you, they are including you in their decision to make a commitment. They are telling you that you are a part of their decision to spend their lives together, and in affirming this decision out loud with you today, they are asking you for your support.

2 comments:

  1. how were you able to move people from dinner on the top lawn to dancing on the bottom deck? did anyone have issues? it seems like a challenging logistic.. also did you rent a shuttle to get people to the property? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother played MC for the night and made an announcement at dinner for people to grab a bottle of wine off the table and head down for dancing!

    I did have one friend with a RAV 4 who drove up and down for my family who would have a hard time with the hike up and down. The officiant made an announcement after the ceremony that anyone who wanted a ride should go wait for the car. To be honest, I didn't see it happen, but I know it did!

    ReplyDelete