Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The weekend wedding

The Weekend Wedding

I fully believe that one of the most important elements to our wedding being the success that it was, was the three day element.

Folks came up as early as Friday morning and stayed until Sunday evening. This was great because:

1) That magic wedding love surrounded us for three days. Before our wedding, when people would talk about their wedding being the best day of their lives, I was skeptical. I hope my life continues to get better, but I have to say that my wedding weekend WAS by far the best time I've ever had. Everyone there was there to party, play, and love on my husband and I. What more could anyone want?

2) Our families REALLY got to know each other. They may have shared a meal, or helped a different child get a fish hook out of their finger, or set up a table together. My family has stories of Tim's family and vice versa. They ask about each other. It's great.

3) I got to enjoy the entire weekend. I didn't have to visit tables during the reception and not eat because I had already said hello to people!

4) People were committed to being there. It was a long haul and most people were confused about how it worked (I sent many a clarifying email). But they loved us and they wanted to be there. And we heard (and continue to hear) nothing but GUSHING about how wonderful it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment