Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wooden Table Dilemma

Wooden Table dilemma

Well, there actually wasn't much of a dilemma.

One of my dream 'if I had a million dollars' changes I would have made would have been to have picnic or beautiful wooden tables instead of the cheap rentals that we had.

Because we rented standard 8' long tables, we had to cover them in tablecloths, which were expensive, so we went with white (and saved HUNDREDS of dollars). But natural wood would have looked AMAZING at our rustic outdoor eco-friendly reception.

While having our wedding in a small community saved us A TON of money on catering, housing, thrift store finds, wine, beer, etc, we spent more money on rentals because there was only one game in town. And, they only had white chairs (I would have loved natural dark wooden ones).

I could have shipped picnic tables and benches in from san francisco for $60 each and hundreds in delivery (not to mention the destruction it would cause to send a huge truck three hours just to deliver tables)

Did it ruin my wedding - heck no!

But...as I was reading through indiebride, I remembered this beautiful wedding tablescape that blew my mind. And every time I see a beautiful table with simple flowers I can't wait for my next dinner party.

The point of this all: I still look at wedding pictures and love to get inspiration and ideas. But I don't long for another wedding - mine was perfect. I just get to keep having beautiful parties with the best looking tables possible!

Loving this 'staged' wedding found on Style Me Pretty - another amazing natural table.

No comments:

Post a Comment