Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A wedding without favors is...a wedding

Forget the favors

We didn't have wedding favors.

This was our logic in making the decision:

1) People wouldn't notice and $70 could buy more wine (which they would appreciate).

2) Most likely the favors would be bad for the planet. It's hard to buy 70 of something and have it not have a negative footprint. In my blog searching I found "sustainable" favors like coasters that compost into wildflowers, redwood tree seedlings, soy candles, or pine cone roses. While all of those are lovely, I knew it would be a waste of money and giving people stuff just for stuff's sake is usually wasteful - something we were trying to avoid.

3) If I had DIY energy left, I wanted to put it into something useful and I just can't see the "use" in favors (my husband teases me all the time that I'm too practical).

No one noticed, I didn't feel insecure about it, and we saved at least $70. Which, when you're planning a wedding, can be VERY helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment